June 13, 2018 - ITS America President and CEO Shailen Bhatt’s Senate Environment and Public Works Committee Testimony on “Innovation and America’s Infrastructure: Examining the Effects of Emerging Autonomous Technologies on America’s Roads and Bridges.”
March 5, 2018 - ITS America President and CEO Shailen Bhatt’s letter to House Transportation and Infrastructure Committee urging Congress to prioritize intelligent transportation technologies in an infrastructure bill.
- February 28, 2018 - ITS America President and CEO Shailen Bhatt’s letter to Senate Environment and Public Works Committee urging Congress to prioritize intelligent transportation technologies in an infrastructure bill.
- February 13, 2018 - ITS America Statement by President and CEO Shailen Bhatt Responding to White House’s Legislative Proposal; ITS America Launches Smart Infrastructure Task Force
- May 17, 2017 - ITS America letter to the leadership of the U.S. House Appropriations Subcommittee on Transportation, Housing and Urban Development, and Related Agencies regarding its hearing on “Emerging Transportation Technologies.”
- May 14, 2017 - ITS America op-ed in The Hill, as part of Infrastructure Week, on the need for intelligent transportation systems to be included in our new highways, roads, streets and bridges.
- February 28, 2017 - ITS America statement on President Trump’s infrastructure plans
Fixing America’s Surface Transportation (FAST) Act, a five-year, $305 billion surface transportation reauthorization bill, was signed into law by President Obama on December 4, following final passage by the U.S. House of Representatives by a vote of 359 to 65 and by the U.S. Senate by a vote of 83 to 16. The legislation includes a first-ever Innovation Title which will fund critical research and accelerate the adoption of technologies to address highway and vehicle safety, traffic congestion, mobility, infrastructure condition, and other current and future transportation challenges.