ITS America’s Capitol Hill Smart Transportation Technology Showcase provides Members of Congress, Congressional staff, and the Washington press corps with the opportunity to meet industry leaders. This is an exclusive opportunity to learn more about cutting-edge intelligent transportation systems (ITS) that are changing the way we live, work and travel, including technologies that are:
- Providing consumers with real-time traffic, transit, navigation and parking information;
- Improving vehicle and highway safety;
- Reducing traffic congestion and incident response times;
- Minimizing energy use and emissions;
- Improving freight and supply chain efficiency; and
- Enabling innovative financing alternatives such as dynamic pricing and mileage-based user fees.
ITS America's Capitol Hill Smart Transportation Technology Showcase and Reception provides the nation's policymakers with the opportunity to meet transportation and innovation leaders and see firsthand the latest intelligent transportation systems (ITS) that are changing the way we live, work and travel.
Smart Transportation Technology Showcase
Time: 5:45 - 8:00 p.m.
Where: Cannon Caucus Room, 345 Cannon House Office Building, Capitol Hill
Who: This year’s showcase will feature interactive exhibits and technology demonstrations from the following innovation leaders:
- Carnegie Mellon University (CMU Traffic21)
- Eberle Design Inc.
- Econolite Group Inc.
- HELP Inc.
- The International Bridge, Tunnel and Turnpike Association (
- Kapsch TrafficCom
- Siemens Industry Inc.
- Trapeze Group
- University of Maryland Center for Advanced Transportation Technology (CATT Lab)
- University of Michigan Transportation Research Institute (UMTRI)
- Xerox Corporation
Join the conversation online @ITS_America using #ITSontheHill
Pictures from the 2011 Smart Transportation Technology Showcase on Capitol Hill
This event was intended to comply with applicable Congressional and Executive branch gift rules.
If you have questions, please contact ITS America at 202-484-4847.