Snapshot of ITS America Member Benefits
ITS Deployment Public Policy Development & Execution - 2025: Roadmap ITS America identifies and addresses major legislative, regulatory, public policy, research and, development milestones that are necessary to transform our transportation system. ITS America’s 2025 roadmap also identifies and addresses key business capabilities needed to mature markets and establish eco-systems for new technologies, such as autonomous vehicles, vehicle-to-x communications, “sharing economy” apps, and many other issues.
Network and engage in dialogues about the challenges and opportunities surrounding research and deployment of ITS. Join conversations with the Policy and Business Council, the Technology Council and issue specific working groups as the Roadmap is developed by ITS America members.
- Policy & Business Council or the Legislative Committee- will focus on legislative business issues driving ITS Deployment
- Coordinating Council or the Regulatory Committee- will focus on regulatory & technology issues driving ITS Deployment
- State Chapters Council- will focus on state legislative & regulatory initiatives & grassroots efforts to driving ITS Deployment. A State Chapters Task Force of the Board will work with the states to assist in incorporating this work into the larger ITS Policy Structure
- Strategic Advisory Council, DBA the Leadership Circle- will focus on thought leadership relating to emerging issues over a three- to five-year horizon. These Members will be critical to face-to-face business, technology and policy engagement. The Board approved efforts a new Smart Cities: Surface & Air Initiatives
Education Efforts- Stakeholder education, including mayors, county officials, governors, State legislators, regulatory agencies, the transportation industry, and the general public on the role ITS can play in building a safer, smarter, more efficient, and sustainable transportation system.
Communications Efforts- Join us on social media channels like Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Snapchat, LinkedIn, and find us in the traditional media as we highlight the latest in industry happenings. A daily SmartBrief brings the most important news of the day to your inbox, and Member News Updates gives our members opportunities to highlight and promote their successes, upcoming events, and important development
Member Buzz- Want to reach a larger audience? Members can share their company’s news and achievements with other members. The Membership Buzz is distributed every week to all ITS America members.
ITS World Congress 2017 Montreal- Integrated Mobility ~ Building Smart Cities.–Join ITS America October 29- November 2, 2017 for the world’s largest international event dedicated to intelligent transportation. ITS America, in cooperation with ITS Canada, will host the ITS World Congress in Montreal, Canada October, 2017. Building on San Jose, the will focus on around a quickly expanding industry, mobility on demand and ITS deployment advocacy. A highlight will be a Smart Cities Pavilion on the exhibit floor.
Unlimited Access to Knowledge Center 2.0 – ITS America’s online database contains hundreds of white papers and research from industry leaders submitted and reviewed by experts at Annual Meeting and World Congress events over the past 12 years. Access is free to members with a unique username and password.
Save Up to $300 in Membership to State and Regional Chapters – Our 25 state and regional chapters span 43 states, and your membership in ITS America entitles your organization to at least one $100 rebate towards chapter membership and up to as many as three rebates depending on the level of dues you contribute nationally. ITS America participates actively in all of its chapters' Annual Meeting and Expositions, a network that includes 1,000 different private and public sector entities in the transportation technology sector.
Discounts for Job Postings in ITS Career Center – Identify yourself as an ITS America member and receive a special member listing and a $200 discount to post jobs, resumes, and more in the only database dedicated to careers in the intelligent transportation industry.
Insider Access to ITS Market Data Analysis – Want to learn more about the scope and direction of your industry? In August 2011, ITS America released the first ever report sizing the ITS market in the United States and North America and our staff will work with you to better understand the status and direction of the market in your region to put this industry-specific report to work for you. Our research concluded that in 2009:
- ITS company revenues in the U.S. totaled $48 billion for end-use ITS manufacturing products ($26.1 billion) and end-use ITS services ($21.9 billion)
- Your industry accounted for almost 180,000 private sector jobs to the U.S. end-user market alone, for a total of 445,000 jobs in the complete industry value chain
- Projections for the U.S. ITS industry are for continued growth, including an end-use revenue increase by almost 41 percent by 2015
Professional Staff - Our staff of industry experts is well positioned to provide our members with the technical leadership they need to help achieve their business and professional development goals.