The mission of the Commercial Vehicle and Freight Mobility Forum (CVFM) is to provide the transportation community with a forum that champions safety, commerce, security, and policy for commercial vehicles and freight movement through the advancement of Intelligent Transportation Systems (ITS).
Recent Webmeetings and Presentations
Robert Kreeb and Abbigail Morgan from the National Highway Safety Administration joined the forum for its September 2015 Webconference to present on recent rulemaking and research activities at the agency. A full recording of the meeting is available here.
Justin Saye, Vice President of Global Operations at Airbiquity presented to the attendees about its connected car platform and current telematics trends in the European marketplace. A full recording of the meeting is available here.
Randy Iwasaki, from the Contra Costa Transportation Authority in California, spoke to the CVFM on the National Strategic Freight Plan and its status. A recording of the webinar can be found here.
CVFM-Sponsored Technical Sessions from Previous ITS America Conferences
- Tracking Economic Trends and Activity Using ITS (2011)
- ITS For Truck Parking (2011)
- FMCSA’s Expanded CVISN Program: Reports and Results from Across the Country (2011)
- Using ITS for Freight Planning and Programs (2011)
- Truck and Bus Safety Technology (2012)
- Advancements in Connected Vehicle Technology for Heavy Trucks (2012)
- ITS for Fleets: Energy Efficiency and Sustainability (2012)
- How ITS is Changing Truck Parking and Urban Delivery (2012)
- Connected Trucks: A Roundtable Discussion (2012)
- The Critical Role of ITS in Framing Freight Policy (2012)
- Trucks and Traffic: What Data Can Tell us about Reducing Congestion for Freight-Moving Vehicles (2013)
- Advancing Wireless and Innovative Safety Technologies for Trucks (2013)