The ITS America 23rd Annual Meeting & Exposition was held from April 22 - 24, 2013 at the Gaylord Opryland Hotel and Convention Center in Nashville, Tennessee. Nearly 2,000 of the nation’s top transportation officials, business and technology leaders, researchers and policymakers gathered for one of the most important transportation events of the year.
The theme “ITS: Real Progress, Great Future” showcased how far we’ve come as a nation in the deployment of ITS technologies, while also illustrating just how much further we can go to create a safer, more efficient and sustainable transportation system.
View Photos from the 2013 Annual Meeting and Exposition by visiting our Flickr page.
The four-day event showcased innovative technologies and solutions being developed and implemented across the U.S. including connected vehicles, adaptive traffic signals, advanced traffic and incident management systems, electronic tolling and pricing systems, freight management systems, smart mobility apps, and real-time traffic, transit, navigation and parking information.
The 2013 ITS America Annual Meeting and Exposition featured more public sector participation than ever before, including more than 20 State DOT CEOs and hundreds of federal, state and local officials from across the country. As governments at all levels are being asked to do more with less, transportation leaders are increasingly turning to intelligent transportation systems (ITS) to make the nation’s roads, public transit systems and freight network more efficient and cost-effective, while providing commuters and highway users with more convenient, innovative travel options.
As has become a tradition at ITS America meetings, the gathering featured a who’s who of transportation leaders from across the innovation spectrum including:
- Polly Trottenberg - Under Secretary of Transportation for Policy, U.S. Department of Transportation (U.S. DOT)
- Victor Mendez - Administrator, Federal Highway Administration, U.S. DOT
- David Strickland - Administrator, National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, U.S. DOT
- Greg Winfree - Deputy Administrator, Research and Innovative Technology Administration, U.S. DOT
- The Honorable Representative Marsha Blackburn (R-TN) - Vice Chairman, House Energy and Commerce Committee
- The Honorable Karl Dean - Mayor, City of Nashville
- Dan Ferrick - CEO, Agero
- Kamyar Moinzadeh - President and CEO, Airbiquity
- Tom Taylor - Vice President of Advanced Strategies, Hughes Telematics (A Verizon Co.)
- Dennis Beal - Vice President of Global Vehicles, FedEx Express
- John Schroer - Commissioner, Tennessee Department of Transportation
- Brad Dennard - National ITS Director, Atkins
Thank you to sponsors, volunteers, presenters and attendees for making the
2013 ITS America Annual Meeting and Exposition a successful event.
View the 2013 Final Program
The 2013 ITS America Annual Meeting and Exposition program featured new and innovative sessions and formats designed to facilitate knowledge transfer, networking and learning.
Download Presentations and Technical Papers
The 2013 ITS America Annual Meeting presentations and papers are now available online free of charge to all registered attendees.
The 23rd ITS America Annual Meeting featured sessions on technology leaders exploring solutions for easing traffic congestion, financing and improving the nation’s transportation system, advancing life-saving vehicle technologies, and much more through exhibits, panel discussions, technology demonstrations, technical tours, training sessions and networking events.
Sessions and full meeting access is also available for purchase to non-registered attendees. Click here to purchase the online program proceedings.