High-Tech Community to Showcase Latest Transportation Innovations on Capitol Hill
Washington, D.C. (June 12, 2013) - The Intelligent Transportation Society of America (ITS America) will host a Smart Transportation Technology Showcase and Reception on Capitol Hill on Wednesday, June 26, bringing together more than 250 leaders from the transportation, technology and policymaking communities for an evening featuring the latest high-tech innovations that are being developed and deployed across the U.S. to improve transportation safety, efficiency and mobility. This is an exclusive opportunity to learn more about cutting-edge intelligent transportation systems (ITS) that are changing the way we live, work and travel, including technologies that are:
- Providing consumers with real-time traffic, transit, navigation and parking information;
- Improving vehicle and highway safety;
- Reducing traffic congestion and incident response times;
- Minimizing energy use and emissions;
- Improving freight and supply chain efficiency; and
- Enabling innovative financing alternatives such as dynamic pricing and mileage-based user fees.
What: ITS America Smart Transportation Technology Showcase and Reception
When: 5:45 – 8:00 p.m., Wednesday, June 26, 2013
Where: Cannon Caucus Room
345 Cannon House Office Building
Who: This year’s showcase will feature interactive exhibits and technology demonstrations from the following innovation leaders:
- Carnegie Mellon University (CMU Traffic21)
- Eberle Design Inc.
- Econolite Group Inc.
- HELP Inc.
- Kapsch TrafficCom
- Siemens Industry Inc.
- TransCore Holdings, Inc.
- Trapeze Group
- University of Maryland Center for Advanced Transportation Technology (CATT Lab)
- University of Michigan Transportation Research Institute (UMTRI)
Media Registration: Members of the media are not required to pre-register for the event but are encouraged to RSVP at: http://www.itsa.org/technologyshowcase.
Follow the event on Twitter for the latest updates with the hashtag #ITSontheHill.
The Intelligent Transportation Society of America (ITS America) is the nation’s largest organization dedicated to advancing the research, development and deployment of Intelligent Transportation Systems (ITS) to improve the nation’s surface transportation system. Learn more at www.itsa.org. Follow us on twitter.com/ITS_America and on Facebook at facebook.com/ITSofAmerica.