This position is the lead contact within the Membership Team for generating new organizational member prospects for the Society, and works across all department staff to identify, recruit and engage potential new members.
- High Dollar Proven Sales experience, including cold calling plus, excellent relationship building skills required.
- Must know how to close sales & confirm mutual understandings.
- Ability and willingness to contact prospective members by email, phone, or meetings at conferences to present membership opportunities.
- Communicate the value and benefits of membership to prospective members, through emails, letters, promotional pieces, and in person contacts.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to work collaboratively and effectively with a broad range of individuals and groups.
- Ability to work with high impact volunteers, board members, ambassadors and senior level staff
- Actively pursue potential members through all means available, including motivating the volunteers, while monitoring their results and developing systems and procedures that are helpful to the volunteer sales force.
- Develop and implement membership recruitment and strategies.
- Execute promotional campaigns through CRM.
- Increase membership growth by communicating and promoting the value and benefits to prospective members.
- Commitment to goal attainment, high degree of initiative, and ability to motivate and engage high level volunteers and donors
- Demonstrated ability to work with high degree of autonomy and accountability and to be a team player
- Excellent organizational skills with ability to flexibly respond to changing needs and priorities, shift attention among simultaneous activities and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent time management and prioritization skills
- Demonstrated ability to write clearly and concisely with correct grammar, spelling and punctuation; verbally communicate in an accurate and effective manner Strong attention to detail
- Ability to travel 10%
For more information on the please click here.
The Intelligent Transportation Society of America has a full-time internship available. The internship is ideal for students interested in transportation, public policy, environment, and nonprofit organizations and associations. Internships are offered on a part-time or full-time basis. This internship is non-paid, however ideal for students who want to work for school credit.
ITS America is a nonprofit organization established to foster the use of advanced technologies in surface transportation systems. We are the leading advocate for technologies that improve the safety, security and efficiency of the nation’s surface transportation system.
- Conduct research on legislative and government affairs as it relates to transportation and sustainability
- Communication with members of ITS America and assisting membership staff in outreach
- Coordination with the meetings and program staff to prepare national and international conferences on technology and transportation
- General administrative tasks and office duties including database management
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Detailed oriented and good problem-solving skills
- Strong organization skills and ability to handle multiple tasks
- Able to work well in a team environment
- Basic knowledge of Windows Operating Systems, and familiarity with MS Word and Excel
- Professional appearance
- Minimum GPA of 3.0 (preferred)
To be considered for an opening:
- Include a cover letter with salary requirements
- Attach resume as either a MS Word document or PDF
The Intelligent Transportation Society of America is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, disability or veteran status. If you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process because of a disability, it is available upon request. All applications are treated confidentially.