ITS America is currenty seeking applicants for the following positions. Complete requirements and primary responsibilities for each position are listed below.
- Summer Internship
The Intelligent Transportation Society of America is always seeking new and upcoming talent interested in learning more about the field of intelligent transportation systems and how it is imporiving our surface transportation network across all modes of travel. An ITS America internship is ideal for students interested in transportation and high-tech public policy, intelligent transportation systems technical research, and nonprofit organizations and associations. Internships are offered on a part-time and full-time basis. Most internships are not paid, however ideal for students who want to work for school credit.
ITS America is a nonprofit organization established to foster the use of advanced technologies in surface transportation systems. We are the leading advocate for technologies that improve the safety, security and efficiency of the nation’s surface transportation system.
- Conduct research on legislative and government affairs as it relates to intelilgent transportation systems and solutions
- Communicate with the ITS America membership and assist the membership staff with outreach and promotional opportunities
- Coordinate with the meetings and program departments to complete tasks related to regional, national, and international conferences the associations regularly produces
- General administrative tasks and office duties including database management
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Detailed oriented and good problem-solving skills
- Strong organization skills and ability to handle multiple tasks
- Able to work well in a team environment
- Basic knowledge of Windows Operating Systems, and familiarity with MSFT Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Professional appearance
- Minimum GPA of 3.0
The Intelligent Transportation Society of America is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, disability or veteran status. If you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process because of a disability, it is available upon request. All applications are treated confidentially.